Sunday, May 1, 2016

Just Ask, No Entry Allowed, Support PKD Foundation

Need Kidney

From CBS Philadelphia, PA, By Greg Argos


NEW CASTLE, De. (CBS) — A Delaware man is in the fight of his life.

He’s using an unusual method to find the kidney he so desperately needs. Below the IBEW Local 313 sign in New Castle, sits a plea from a father of three.

“I have a hereditary genetic disease called polycystic kidney disease,” said Dave Amalfitano. He has dealt with this disease his whole life. “It’s basically where thousands of cysts grown on my kidneys and just deteriorates them.”

Amalfitano is waiting for a donor. “I’ve already had like six people try.”

Amalfitano is a single father of three and calls them his “happy handful.” He knew he had to get creative. “It doesn’t hurt to ask.”

“Right now there’s about almost 5,000 people, in our region alone, waiting for a kidney and the wait can be four to five years,” said President & CEO Howard Nathan of the Gift of Life Donor Program. That’s why Nathan says it’s so important to register as an organ donor.

“April is donate life month,” Nathan said. “What we try to do is get people to be more aware about the need for organ and tissue donation. 21 people die in this country everyday waiting for an organ transplant.”

He wishes those in need didn’t have to ask for help themselves. “More people have taken to social media to try to get attention for their need.” Nathan knows that sometimes that can lead to a perfect match for a patient like Amalfitano without many other options.
“I still got to be around a while for these kids,” Amalfitano explained. “I’m 46. I got a lot of life to live.” 





From The Sun, United Kingdom, By JAMES COX

Dad dying of kidney failure finally finds lifesaving donor - but Home Office won't let 'his only hope' enter UK

Roland Blell's dialysis costs taxpayers £30,000 a year but Border Force won't let his cousin in for transplant

Collect of Roland Blell who is waiting on a life saving kidney transplant. See SWNS story SWKIDNEY; A British dad has been denied a lifesaving kidney transplant from his Lebanese cousin - because the Home Office won't let him in. Roland Blell, 45, has been left needing dialysis for nine hours a day because Britain's Border Force argue that there isn't enough evidence his cousin Danny Bilal will return to Lebanon. The dad-of-one is originally from Lebanon but has British citizenship and said he is frustrated, having been on the NHS waiting list for a kidney for three years with no match. Meanwhile his cousin Danny is a match, but the Home Office have denied his application for a tourist visa, despite being Roland's only hope. Roland, from Eastbourne, East Sussex, was born with poly cystic kidney disease, which has worsened as he got older.

He thought that was about to change when his quest to find a donor resulted in just one match - his cousin Danny Bilal.

But while Roland is originally from Lebanon but has British citizenship, his donor has been REFUSED entry because the UK's Border Force fear Danny will refuse to go home after the operation.

The Home Office have denied his application for a tourist visa despite being dad-of-one Roland's only hope.

Roland, from Eastbourne, East Sussex, said: "My cousin and I grew up together and he offered me one of his kidneys after he saw how my health had deteriorated.

"My cousin is my only hope. At the moment I am really frustrated and helpless."

Roland was born with polycystic kidney disease, which has worsened as he got older.

Being on dialysis for nine hours a day meant he lost his job working in insurance.

Doctors have supported an application to bring Danny to the UK, having already spent £90,000 on dialysis.

But the Home Office recently refused permission saying there was not sufficient evidence he would return home afterwards.

His consultant Dr Neil Iggo at the Sussex Kidney Unit in Brighton has written to the Home Office supporting the application for a visa.

Renal welfare officer Lee Hamilton said: "Mr Bilal will be engaged in a wonderful and selfless act of donating an organ to our patient so that Roland Blell can have continued life; free from renal replacement therapy (dialysis).

"It is essential he be allowed to travel to the UK for him to engage in our pre-transplant work programme."

Caroline Ansell, Eastbourne MP, is also fighting for the vias to be granted.

She said: "I will be meeting with the Immigration Minister, James Brokenshire, to discuss this case, which does seem to have been dealt with harshly.

"Mr Blell's cousin only wishes to enter the country to donate a kidney to help his relative in what is clearly a compassionate case, so I will be pressing the minister to look at the circumstances again.

"Everyone knows there must be rules to stop people entering the country on false grounds, but Mr Blell has provided ample medical evidence he needs a kidney transplant and that his cousin in Lebanon is the only match, so I hope something can be done quickly."




Gift of Life

From Bracebridge Examiner, Muskoka Region, Ontario, Canada, By Alison Brownlee

Kidney transplant saves Muskoka woman’s quality of life

KINDEY TRANSPLATE CHANGES LIFE


Donna Denny was convinced her failing kidneys would irreparably change her life.

“My journey started when I was diagnosed in my mid-50s with a rare type of polycystic kidney disease and suddenly my kidneys were beginning to fail,” said Denny, a kidney transplant recipient and board member for Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare. “I was so apprehensive as to how I was going to take that life change and cope with it. I didn’t want to be dependent on other people because that’s my personality.”

She was diagnosed 12 years ago when a routine blood test showed high creatinine levels. Tests found tissue-disrupting cysts on her kidneys that prevented them from functioning and led to their slow deterioration.

She knew she would have to undergo dialysis treatments if she did not receive a transplant.
“I’m just so thankful because I think of what the alternative would be,” she said.

Both her sister and a friend wanted to donate kidneys to her, but were unable to do so. Her son, who was in his 40s, then stepped forward. After extensive testing, both went into a successful surgery. That was seven years ago in May.

“I was really scared when he wanted to do it. I’ll be honest. But he was insistent,” said Denny. “It made a world of difference to me in my life. I give thanks every day.”

She avoided dialysis because her son took the plunge and became her living donor.

“I’m just so thankful because I think of what the alternative would be,” she said.

She noted dialysis patients face either three-hour in-hospital dialysis treatments in Huntsville or Orillia three to four times a week, or nightly 10-hour treatments at home.

“That would critically change your lifestyle,” she said.

She said her surgery and recovery has allowed her not only to continue living at home, but also spend time with her grandchildren and contribute to her community as a volunteer.

“I can’t tell you what a difference it made in my life,” she said. “By being a donor for any organ, you are giving a gift that no amount of cash can purchase for a person. It’s a gift that only a caring human being can give. It is enhancing someone’s life so they can contribute to other people and their community.”

And it saves the health system hundreds of thousands of dollars each year.

Denny said her surgical transplant cost about $23,000, and there are ongoing costs for medical maintenance and medications.

Dialysis, on the other hand, costs the health system about $60,000 a year per case.

She encouraged people to learn more about living organ donation, while also urging those considering post-mortem organ donation to speak with their families beforehand about their decision, as some family members may opt their loved ones out of organ donation when the time comes.

Find more information at beadonor.ca/mgola.




PKD Foundation Support

From CrowdRise.com

PKD FOUNDATION NYC MARATHON 2016

Kim's Photo


KIM MORONEY'S FUNDRAISER:

BENEFITING: PKD Foundation

ORGANIZER: PKD FOUNDATION

EVENT: 2016 TCS NEW YORK CITY MARATHON

6 comments:

  1. Polycystic kidney disease
    Has a cure,I once suffered from it for years without any solution, I always have
    pain or tenderness in the abdomen,blood in the urine,frequent urination,pain in the sides.
    .I had to go on line for a solution until I cam across The contact of Dr Benson. someone posted it online that he has a cure to it. I got the medication from Dr Benson and i use it for one month. and now the problem of Polycystic kidney disease is gone. contact Dr Benson on drbenson833@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed with Leiomyomas, 4 years ago and i was told it is a non cancerous tumor that occurs in the uterus of a woman. I never imagined i will ever have fibroid all my life because i was very healthy. I undergone surgery twice and it grew back. I was able to get a cure permanently from Dr. Aleta. Today i am permanently okay, do not be shy or live with it because i know the hell i passed through. Speak to her on aletedwin@gmail.com for professional advice and for also a cure to it. I hope this helps someone out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY NAME IS KATE I GIVE ALL THANK TO DR WILLIAMS.

    his product is by far the best plan for treating fibroids naturally...the practical step by step instructions and the detailed information regarding the real cause and how to treat uterine fibroids were a real eye opener. I started dr williams medication after intense bleeding and pain which occurred during one of my rehearsals (I am a professional violinist).I was later that week diagnosed with 2 medium sized fibroids which placed an enormous pressure on my bladder. I was advised by 3 different doctors to undergo surgery to remove these fibroids as I was told that there was nothing I could do to shrink or stop their growth. Luckily, I ran into dr williams by accident as I was searching for information on the net regarding my condition. I was so relieved to have found that surgery was not always the answer, that it can be dangerous and that uterine fibroid can return even after surgical intervention. In less than 4 weeks of taking dr williams herbal portion and following his instruction, both of my fibroid had shrunk by 100% and the second ultrasound taken 7 weeks after I began taking dr williams medication, had shown that both of these were completely gone. I also my periods became regular. and now am three months old pregnant, you can contact his email address on drwilliams098765@gmail.com for advice and for his product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Shelley from Los Angeles,California, I want to testify on how i got cured from fibroid, I have suffered from fibroid since the 2011 with so mush pain,that i have to spend so mush money getting pain relief in the hospital, and I have visited several doctor ,but all to no avail, my world was gradually coming to an end because of the pin during my menstrual period until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal Dr Williams who use herbal portion in curing people from different kind of diseases including fibroid, at first i doubted if it we be able to shrink the 9cm large fibroid in my womb, but i decided to give it a try, when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he prepared a herbal portion and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was completely free from fibroid just for 1 months of usage,i we recommend this to all my friend family in the world today who still suffering from fibroid you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Gina! I saw your comment about Dr. Uduehi’s medication concerning Fibroid sometime ago and you were right, I tried it and it worked like magic for me. It was like hell living with FIBROID all this years until now, no more pains, bleeding and no miscarriage and I would've come with my testimony before now but I have to wait for a couple of months to see if it will regrow again but there's still no sign of fibroid, I also went to the hospital for test and still i was tested negative. All thanks to Dr. Uduehi and to you too Gina. And for anyone out there who wish to try can reach the doctor through: (+2347084878384) uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete